Call for Abstracts
The SANBTC 2022 Congress will showcase latest works, interesting findings and present a forum for showcasing achievements, solving problems, sharing knowledge, and generally broadening the knowledge base of blood transfusion in South Africa, Africa and Internationally
Abstracts may be submitted online for Oral or Poster presentations and should be limited to 500 words and consist of four sections labelled:
These sections should briefly describe the objectives of the study or investigation, the basic procedures (study subjects and analytical methods), the main findings (giving specific data and the statistical significance, if possible), and the principal conclusion.
Abstracts may be submitted in the following categories:
- Donor Education, Recruitment, Retention and Marketing
- Special Donor Apheresis and Therapeutic Services
- Donations Testing and Blood Components Processing.
- RBC Immunohematology
- Transfusion Practices and Clinical Case Studies.
- Haemovigilance and adverse Transfusion Reactions
- Transfusion-Transmitted Infections
- Inventory Management, Storage, Cold Chain Management and Distribution.
- Capacity building and Training in blood transfusion services.
- Quality Management systems.
- Business Management, Finance, and Human Resources Management.
- Information Systems and Record Management
Abstract submission will open June 2021 – watch this space